Sunday 18 November 2012

The Eagle Magazine

For some time now I've been meaning to show my small collection of 'The Eagle' the magazine of the Glider Pilot Regimental Association. At the moment I only have nine of the original A5 format magazines, running from 1950 through to 1982. However, as I'm a Friend of The Eagle I also have a number the current A4 format magazines (not shown here). 

I'm very proud of my limited collection, they're mainly picked up from Ebay but I'm always looking for donations if anyone has any they'd like to pass on? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...). They're great to read through, especially the 1950's editions, with plenty of recollections and even advertisements for long passed products and services.

Anyone can become a 'Friend of The Eagle' (follow the link below and click on 'Association'), once you initial application has been accepted then you'll need to make a small annual donation and you'll receive The Eagle 2 - 3 times a year. Former GPR pilots can become Full Members of the GPRA (Glider Pilot Regimental Association) and blood relatives of former GPR members can become Associate Members.

Link: GPRA



2 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm trying to find copies of the War Diary of Padre GAF Pare of the Glider Pilot Regiment who was captured at Arnhem in '44. The IWM has told me that his diary was serialised in the Eagle Magazine. Would you have anything in your copies that I could see please? I'd be happy to meet any reasonable cost involved. Rita Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohio University has on line a digitised copy of his 53 page story and some correspondence with Cornelius Ryan.
    Search in the digistised section of the Ryan archives at https://www.ohio.edu/library/collections/digital-archives

    ReplyDelete