Friday 27 December 2013

Original GPR Wings

Its not always easy, and can be costly, to add original items to the collection. A lot of our display items, especially uniforms are high quality reproductions including much of the insignia.

However, recently, I happened to be in the right place at the right financial moment to purchase three pairs of First Pilots wings and one pair of Second Pilots wings (not all in one go I hasten to add). Two of the First Pilots wings are of regular size and are in excellent although worn condition, one pair are of a far smaller size - for wear on dress uniform? (if anyone can enlighten me then please do) - the Second Pilots wings are also relatively small but are in superb condition.

I'm always on the look out for original GPR items so if you have anything or come across anything that I haven't seen then please do shout out! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment